Y2 Autumn Term 2020
Mr Garbutt and Mrs Grocutt hope you are all okay and feeling good about returning to school. We know some of you haven’t been in school for a while now so we are are EXTRA pleased to welcome you all this September!
Here is some important information to help you get organised and stay safe at school as we continue to deal with the effects of the pandemic:
- Make sure that NAMES are written in your child’s uniform to stop it getting lost.
- Children should bring their own water bottle to school – again, please name this with a permanent marker.
- Please do not send your child with any toys or equipment from home, they have everything they need in class in their own personal packs.
- The current start time for Year 2 is 8.40am and the end of the day is 3.00pm. It helps us greatly if you can be on time.
- The PE days for Mr Garbutt’s class are TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY.
- The PE days for Mrs Grocutt’s class are WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY.
- On PE days your child should wear their PE kit to school so they are not having to change in the classroom.
Our learning in Y2 this term:
- We will be spending a lot of curriculum time helping children to settle back into school, making friends again in their new classes and talking sensitively about what has been happening with the pandemic.
- The children will be learning phonics through Read Write Inc every morning.
- In English we will be studying ‘Tadpole’s Promise’ and ‘The Bear Under the Stairs’.
- In maths the children will be learning how numbers are represented to 100, and adding, and subtracting within 100.
- Our wider curriculum story book is ‘Beegu’ by Alexis Deacon. We will be using it to learn about our community and what it feels like to be alone in a strange place.
- We will also be learning about different materials and their properties in science.