Y2 Autumn Term 2019
Welcome back, we hope you all enjoyed your Summer break!
Here’s some information to help you get organised this term:
- Please could you help us out by making make sure that names are in your child’s uniform to help stop it getting lost.
- Children are welcome to bring a water bottle to school – again please name this so it can easily identified.
- Classes are collected from the yard at 8:25am in order to get into class for 8:30am. Try not to be late as this can be unsettling for your child.
- Please bring your PE kit on MONDAY and leave it at school until FRIDAY before taking home to wash.
- Children are bringing reading books home please make sure they are brought to school and changed regularly (every day if you can!)
Our learning in Y2 this term:
- The children will be learning phonics through Read Write Inc every morning.
- In maths the children will be learning how numbers are represented to 100 and adding and subtracting within 100.
- Our wider curriculum text driver is ‘Beegu’ by Alexis Deacon. We will be using it to learn about our community and what it feels like to be alone in a strange place. All the children will receive a free copy of Beegu to bring home and share with you!
We will also be learning about different materials and their properties in science.