Welcome to Y6. Miss Pratt and Mrs Mashford are continuously enjoying with the children and are excited by all the thrilling things they have planned!
Our text this half term is ‘Egyptology’ by Emily Sands.
A lot of our work this half term will be based on the book and it will include:
- Constructing equilateral triangles and squares using a compass and a ruler
- Making a model of a square based pyramid out of wood
- Drawing ancient death masks using pencil and charcoal
- Writing recounts in the role of Howard Carter, the archaeologist who discovered Tutankhamen’s tomb
- Writing newspaper reports about the disappearance of Emily Sands, the author of our text driver, ‘Egyptology – The lost tomb of Osiris’
Our science topic is ‘animals including humans’.
Our science topic is ‘electricity’.
Afternoons will be super busy as they will be practising for their Y6 performance and leavers assembly.