Summer Term 2019
Welcome back, we hope you all enjoyed your Spring break!
Here’s some information to help you get organised this term:
- Now the weather is getting warmer, children will want to take off their jumpers and cardigans. Please could you help us out by making make sure that names are in your child’s uniform to help stop it getting lost.
- Children are welcome to bring a water bottle to school – again please name this so it can easily identified.
- Classes are collected from the yard at 8:25am in order to get into class for 8:30am. Try not to be late as this can be unsettling for your child.
- Please bring your PE kit on MONDAY and leave it at school until FRIDAY before taking home to wash.
- The days for PE have now changed to Wednesday and Friday for Year1 Venus and Thursday and Friday for Year 1 Apollo.
- Children are bringing reading books home please make sure they are brought to school and changed regularly (every day if you can!)
Our learning in Y1 this term:
- The children will be learning phonics through Read Write Inc every morning.
- In maths the children will be learning how to multiply and divide, and starting to learn about fractions
- Our wider curriculum text is Mabel’s Magical Garden by Paula Metcalf. We will be using it to learn about how flowers and plants grow and about friendship and teamwork.
We will also be observing caterpillars changing into butterflies and hope to visit the Botanical Gardens in Sheffield.