Welcome to Y3!
Autumn Term 2020
Miss Whotton and Miss Whitehead are so excited to have you back in school and we hope you are too!
Our learning in Year 3 this term:
In wider curriculum, we will be exploring the question what became of the steel city and thinking about the history of Sheffield and its Steel Industry. We will also be looking at Henri Rousseau and creating our own versions of his work. Whilst in design and technology, we will be creating our own tin forest inspired by our class novel, The Tin Forest.
In English, we will be studying three books, ‘The Tin Forest’, ‘The Heart and the Bottle’ (one of Miss Whitehead’s favourite books!) and ‘Leon and the Place Between’.
In maths, we will be learning about place value, representing numbers over 100, as well as adding and subtracting.
In science, we will be learning about the power of forces! We will explore how forces can make objects start to move, speed up, slow down and change direction, as well as conducting some exciting practical experiments!
This half term in PE will be centred on Health and Fitness and Athletic Skills. During lessons, children will be competing to set their personal bests in running, jumping and throwing.
Here is some important information to help you get organised and stay safe at school:
- Make sure that NAMES are written in your child’s uniform to stop it getting lost.
- Children should bring their own water bottle to school – again, please name this with a permanent marker.
- The PE days for Miss Whotton’s class are Wednesday and Friday.
- The PE days for Miss Whitehead’s class are Monday and Wednesday.
- On PE days, your child should wear their PE kit to school so they are not having to change in the classroom.
Autumn 1 Newsletter